Thursday, April 1, 2010

Say a prayer for me...

I got some news today that I wasn't expecting. It took the wind out of my sails. Thankfully I'm not that easy to stop, so I regained my composure pretty fast. Sadly, my foot/ankle has not healed from last summer's boating accident ;( I thought I was ok, but I guess I was wrong. I haven't walked on my foot in almost 2 weeks (other then every day walking around type stuff) and my foot is still hurting and is very swollen. My Podiatrist took one look at it and said "I'm sorry, but I really don't think you'll be able to do the walk this year!". Um, excuse me? Did I hear you right? Can't do the walk? I figured I must be hearing him wrong. NOPE! Dead serious....no walk. I told him that wasn't an option. I had months for it to get better and I wasn't going to sit this out. It's taken me years to commit to this. I'm doing it. Period! Tell me what I need to do, but I'm doing this walk. After some discussion and him realizing the walk is later in the year then he thought he took back his statement. He said he would work with me and try and figure out how I can make this work. He's worried I won't make 20 miles a day, but he said we can cross that bridge when we come to it. So...for now I take it easy. I don't have to get my cast back on (thank God!!!), but I am in a Ace bandage type brace thing. He wants to see if the additional support will help me some. I also will probably need a special insert for my shoe. Oy! Just heal already shoe. I want this to happen. I need this to happen. Don't stand in my way.

There you have it. Say a prayer for me please for a speedy recovery. I mean, come on, it happened 8 months ago. Haven't I given it enough time to heal?!?!

Oh...and did I mention that he removed my big toenail this morning. It got partially ripped off and the whole thing had to go. Talk about pain. I'm falling apart!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, I was really hoping you'd get better news this morning. I'm so so sorry! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete