Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Blown away...

If you asked me 7 weeks ago where I'd stand today on my fundraising goals I promise you I never would have given you the following answer. I have raised $2194! Yes, you read that right. I'm only $106 away from hitting my goal!!! I am seriously blown away. I was absolutely HORRIFIED of trying to raise $2300 in 7 months. Not only have I almost hit that marker, but I've hit it in 7 weeks. Wow!

I have put this walk off for I can't tell you how many years because the fundraising scared me. I don't know any companies that are going to donate to me and I wasn't sure my friends and family would donate enough to do it. Boy was I wrong. So many of my friends and family have shown their support. I'm not going to say everyone has because I'd be lying. Honestly, some of the people I thought would be the first to support me haven't. I guess that's life though. Just because something is important to you doesn't mean it's important to your friends (or family).

Sometimes I feel like I'm sitting here bragging, but that's not at all what I'm trying to do. I'm just in shock that it was possible to do in such a short amount of time. I guess that little spitfire attitude of mine helps when there's something I want to accomplish.

I don't like things hanging over my head, so now I can get the minimum requirement out of the way and then focus on training. And hopefully...the next 4-5 months will just bring in more and more money for this amazing cause!

Now...will someone show me the money and get me to $2300 ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment