Friday, April 30, 2010

Speedy Gonzalez....

I didn't have that nickname for nothin' growing up.... (for those that haven't known me since before I was married my maiden name is Gonzalez!).

Tonight because of some great friends I raised the final money needed to push me over the $2300 mark! WHOO HOO! The fundraising has been a cloud over my head and I feel such a sense of relief right now. I plan on raising more, but at least I know I've raised the necessary amount to participate in the walk. That was something I needed to accomplish and then set aside, so I could focus on training. I plan on raising more, but at least now it's a want to raise more money instead of a have to raise more money situation!

I have some friends on my team that just joined, so now I can try and help them raise some money also. It's a team effort! I know I won't be able to make it 60 miles without my girls, so I figure we might as well start "helping" each other now :)

2 comments: